Search

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Boulder Mom In Danger Of Losing Home She Shares With 2-Year-Old Son After Getting COVID Twice - CBS Denver

tetekrefil.blogspot.com

BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4)– A Boulder woman who has contracted COVID-19 twice is now trying to hang on to the home where she and her son live. Hannah Rice had COVID-19 last year and this year and now has what is called “long COVID” or a kind of brain fog.

(credit: Hannah Rice)

“I feel like I have the flu, I feel extremely fatigued, like my whole body is aching,” she said.

READ MORE: Englewood Drinking Water Tests Positive For E. coli, Boil Order In Place

And those are just some of the symptoms. One might forgive her if she felt she was cursed.

After making it through COVID-19 last year and this spring, she now has one day to come up with proof of being able to pay nine months rent to get a new lease.

(credit: Hannah Rice)

“I’m the mom of a very sweet two-year-old boy, a single mom, and if I had to pick up and move I wouldn’t be able to do it myself,” she said.

That boy is Aran, now featured in a GoFundMe campaign called Han’s Hope to raise the rent money.

READ MORE: Police Looking For Clues In 18-Year-Old Julian Evangelista-Short's Homicide

Hannah told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger, “Sometimes in the past few months I have been too sick to even read stories to him and that breaks my heart.”

Life has not been easy. Hannah already was suffering from a chronic disease affecting her immune system when she got COVID-19 in March of last year. She mostly recovered then got it again this year.

“I was a little astounded… I was shocked that I was reinfected after everything I went through last year,” said Hannah.

(credit: CBS)

She has not been able to do her work as a piano teacher and now finds herself in need of help. Her sister Kathyrn has been her best to assist, but the road ahead for Hannah and Aran appears to be rough.

MORE NEWS: Some Colorado Landlords Say They're Bearing The Brunt Of The Pandemic's Economic Effects

Hannah says she is applying for federal rent assistance but is not sure that she qualifies.

Adblock test (Why?)



"danger" - Google News
August 05, 2021 at 06:57AM
https://ift.tt/3yqotnl

Boulder Mom In Danger Of Losing Home She Shares With 2-Year-Old Son After Getting COVID Twice - CBS Denver
"danger" - Google News
https://ift.tt/3bVUlF0
https://ift.tt/3f9EULr

No comments:

Post a Comment